Welcome to the Forest Park Fall Program!
We’re looking forward to another great year of Dragon Flyer swimming!
The Forest Park Fall Program
Welcome to another fall of our Dragonflyers program starting Sept 6th! Last fall saw us with our biggest numbers yet. Those swimmers made great strides in the fall that carried into very successful summer swimming!
The program is split into two sessions. Session one runs from 9/6 to 10/12 with our Mid-Fall Home Meet on Sat 10/14. Session two runs from 10/16 to 11/21. With enough interest, we will again offer our December session to run from 11/27 to 12/21.
Mini-Flyers will initially have a cap on numbers until we have evaluated all our potential Minis. Any swimmer who swam with their beginner swim program in the 2023 season needs to be evaluated. Mini-Flyers will be offered Mon/Tue/Thur. For the other group, we are offering 3 or 4-day options.
We start out the first few weeks with mostly technique before we add the endurance work. Drills will still be mixed into every workout to keep/make their stroke technique sharp. We also include time for turns/starts/underwaters. The rest of the workouts will be devoted to training and building a base the kids will be able to utilize from day one of the next summer season. We want to let them experience more than just the traditional rec. swimming events. There will also be a lot of fun and creative practices such as “Spare Change Day”, “Meet Day”, and “Nightmare on Flyer Street.”
Fall Meet Information
- Each fall, we host a meet with Rancho San Miguel. The meet date will be Saturday, October 14th. We want swimmers from both sessions to participate. This is a great chance to try out different events and swim in your new age group for 2024. Last year we had several other teams compete at the meet and it was a great success.
- This fall, Blackhawk and a couple of other teams will again be hosting free-of-charge invitational meets. These were a lot of fun last year; we encourage our swimmers to do at least one of these meets.
Questions? Contact Coach Jeff!
Session One: 9/6 to 10/12
Mid-Fall Home Meet: Saturday 10/14
Session Two: 10/16 to 11/21
Sessions Times By Age
Mini-Flyers: Mon-Tu-Th 5:00-5:30
8 & Under: Mon-Tu-W-Th 4:15-5:00
8 – 12: Mon-Tu-W-Th 5:30-6:30
11 & Up: Mon-Tu-W-Th 6:30-7:40
Forest Park Swim Club Members receive a $25 discount per swimmer
Minis: $200 Members/$225 Non-Members
Three Day: $250 Members/$275 Non-Members
Four Day: $275 Members/$300 Non-Members
The Forest Park Mini-Flyer Program
The Mini-Flyer program is designed for a swimmer that can swim across the pool but is not ready for regular practice, a swimmer who can go halfway across the pool, and we will take a few swimmers that can only go 5-10 yards without stopping.
ALL swimmers that did their team’s beginner-level program must be evaluated in August for the Mini-Flyer program.
More About The Forest Park Fall Program
- Mini-Flyers and 8 & unders will frequently use fins. Although we do have some fins, we do not have enough for everyone. Swimmers are encouraged to bring their own fins
- ALL swimmers that did their team’s beginner-level program must be evaluated in August for the Mini-Flyer program.
- If you are traveling outside your area, even for the day, please take extra precautions! It will help ensure that our kids and coaches stay safe.
- If your child does not feel well, please let us know and keep them home
- ∙Please pick up after yourselves. Our pool is not open for general use during this time of the year. The more mess is left, the more the coaches have to clean up!
- ∙If other, non-swimming children are present during their siblings’ clinic, please monitor them closely. We have a large grass area to play in but the coaches cannot monitor it
- The baby pool is off-limits
- Absolutely NO running on deck
- NO horseplay in or out of the pool is allowed
- Do not enter the water until your coach is ready for you. When your clinic is over, it’s time to get out
- As it will begin to get cold out during our clinics, please provide your swimmers with warm clothing for them to wear before and after their sessions
- If you wish to speak with one of the coaches, please do so before or after your group